SOCIAL SECURITY DISABILITY
Social Security Disability Lawyers
Social security disability (SSD) is a crucial “safety net” for individuals who have become unable to work to support themselves and their families, through no fault of their own. The SSD program is a tremendous idea, in theory. However, in practice, it’s not uncommon for even the most qualified disabled candidates to have their claims questioned or denied. Maryland social security disability attorneys understand the SSD claims, litigation, and appeals processes inside and out. With a knowledgeable attorney on your side, you may significantly increase your chances of being approved when you first file a claim. But, if necessary, we can help you file an effective and potentially successful appeal if your claim has been denied. You have a right to the disability benefits you need and deserve. That’s why the right lawyer matters so much.
Requirements Necessary to Win a Social Security Disability Claims Case
- Identify issues of critical relevance to the Social Security Administration (SSA)
- Complete all of the forms and questionnaires correctly, while keeping in mind that these are sometimes used by the SSA to discredit testimony and statements
- Supply any additional or supplemental evidence that could serve to strengthen your case
- Accurately track how the case is progressing through the system and keep it moving toward a resolution
- Prepare the client for the hearing thoroughly
- Prepare and supply the necessary medical evidence to support the SSD claim
- Craft a solid and convincing appeal that reinforces and brings to light the arguments that establish indisputable legal grounds
Things You Need to Know About Being Awarded Social Security Disability
The odds of being awarded social security disability benefits from the initial claim are not on your side. Many initial claims are denied. The odds get even worse upon appeal, as most requests for reconsideration are denied, as well. With the odds being stacked against you, you may be wondering if it is even worth it to try to get social security disability benefits.
A social security disability claims attorney will tell you that you must try—without a doubt. If your work is your primary source of income, like most people, you probably can’t afford to do without it. Fortunately, there are numerous things you can do to improve your chances of getting a favorable decision significantly.
You can improve your chances of receiving benefits by hiring a qualified, knowledgeable, and experienced attorney for help with your application and with navigating the entire process. Do it—even if you have been denied in the past. When you are injured and facing a life of lost earning potential and the need for medical care and maintenance, you have a lot at stake.
Maryland social security disability attorneys strive to fight for the rights of individuals who have been disabled due to the negligence of others, by a medical condition, or on the job. Attorneys advocate for disabled or injured individuals who can no longer support themselves and their families. These lawyers are aggressive and dedicated champions for the disabled and injured.